Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother of many children has been hunger-striking for five days already. Authorities are silent


Mother of many children from Mahilyow Natallya Shkadun has been hunger-striking for 5 days already. She is striving for improvement of living conditions for her family.

As Natallya Shkadun states, during this hunger-strike she hasn't been directly contacted by the authorities. The leadership of the medical institution where she works persuades her to stop the hunger-strike, as it threatens her health, "Radio Svaboda" reports.

"As far as I know, yesterday there was a call from the Regional Executive Committee to ask whether I was at work. Today, I hope, I'll have enough strength to work. I have a confining job, so I will manage. Although I feel strong weakness. My heart is beating very much… My family try to take upon themselves my usual responsibilities. They help me much with this, as there is no strength left for all home duties," the woman says.

About her housing problems Natallya Shkadun told yesterday the election agent of Lukashenka – Valery Sharshunou.

"He hasn't even written down anything. Didn't want to listen to anything at all. At once sent me to the public receiving office of Lukashenka. He didn't care at all who with what problems came. I can't understand at all what such election agents are needed for," Natallya Shkadun says.

She states that she will continue the hunger-strike until her housing problems are solved. Psychologically she is prepared for that. As to the state of health – she has hypotension that lowers the endurance during the hunger-strike.

Natallya Shkadun is 51. She has higher education. She is a practitioner of the first category. Honourable donor. She has five children. Four of them are under age. The family does without social assistance. There are nine people living in a three-room flat of 63 square meters.

Source: Charter'97 :: News from Belarus

0 comments:

Post a Comment